|1913 Havers Roadster - factory photo|
|1913 Havers Touring - factory photo|
As with many automobiles at that time, The Havers was an assembled car with major components sourced from quality producers of the day. The L-Head Continental engine inspired the name Six-44, as they were rated at 44 horsepower. Joined in 1913 by a Six-55, and for 1914 by an even larger Six-60, all Havers cars were six cylinders. On the night of July 7, 1914, a disastrous fire destroyed the factory complex. The company announced plans to rebuild, but creditor’s had their doubts and petitioned the court to have it adjudged bankrupt. The Havers company never recovered.
|Havers Motor Car Co ad|
|The Havers factory before the fire|