The 1908 Lozier type I

Just back from the The Concours d’Elegance of America at St. Johns (Plymouth, MI). Dad, myself, and my son made it three generations of car guys and we all enjoyed this event. One of the nicest cars there (and the finest brass car on the field) was Jim Grundy's 1908 Lozier type I. Apparently, this is the only remaining 6 cylinder 1908 Lozier, and it retains its original body as well. The car was offered by Gooding & Co at their 2009 Pebble Beach sale. Bid to $560,000 it was a no-sale and I assume that Jim purchased the car sometime after. Jim has a wonderful collection of early cars, some of which were owned by his grandfather - Sam Bailey (a noted collector in his own right).



1 comment:

  1. Just spent a delightful hour with your blog, thanks to "theoldmotor." Fantastic entries with a wealth of interesting history and photos. Can't wait for the next edition.

    ReplyDelete